Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday: Swim and Pure Barre

So I am two cookies in today, three muffins and a good bit of Lindt balling. The  two cookies happened at 6:30 AM and went down so smoothly with a cup of coffee.  The Lindt balls are gone now, and I am not too bothered by them.  I had a muffin meltdown at dinnertime, but I have to think that I am on the upswing from Monday's cookie-fest where I lost count of the Christie cookies that I ingested.  I am moving in the right direction and that is all I can ask.

After my hearty two cookie kick-off to the day, I had a great smoothie and lots of green tea and headed off to swim.  We actually had a great workout today and we stayed on interval and got in a lot of yardage for our pool time.  I forgot to take a picture of the workout, so I will just have to piecemeal it together for you as I can remember:

  • 500 swim
  • 200 kick
  • 4 x 75 kick/drill/swim IM
  • 400 swim
  • 8 x 50 IM Drill/ Swim
  • 300 pull
  • 12 x 25 IM
  • 200 swim
  • 4 x 50 kick/drill/swim
  • 6 x 100 swim
There might have been some more swim in there, I just can't remember.  Now the pool is closed on Friday, so there is the possibility that I will go back to swim tomorrow and there is also the chance that I will hang out at the house and maybe do a jog stroller run. I may let Ivan decide or I might do both things.  In a way, I will be glad when all this holidaying is over as Ivan and I can get back in our routine.  It seems that we have been in our PJ's since December 20th.  Poor Ivan has probably thinks that footie pajamas are some sort of all day uniform that I have instituted.  

Anyway, on the way home, Ivan asked for a cheeseburger.  Ivan generally ignores food completely, and I suffer from the persistent worry that he will faint away of starvation.  So when he requested such a high calorie treat, I pulled right into the McDonalds' ordered him the happiest of all happy meals.  He ate the entire thing (except for the two bites that I took), and I was just stunned.  So nice though.

In the afternoon I got in a Pure Barre workout with my new Pure Barre 2 dvd.  It is just so hard that sometimes I have to stop and rest my poor thighs.  Standing on your tip toes and tucking for 45 minutes is just excruciating.  


1 comment:

scott said...

Ms. Sloan,
Get a hold of yourself. Cookies are your gateway drug to MOONSHINE!.Get all your hidden mason jars and pour them out. Or it's Celebrity Rehab for you.