Friday, December 17, 2010

Thursday: Chair Heaven and Running Party



So, yes, my doctor says that I have a terrible sinus infection and then we just stared at each other with "so what are you going to do about it" sad eyes.  He wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic, and I marched out to my car in the rain.  From there, I went to pick up my chairs which had been left at the upholsterers for two months.  Let me just tell you that they were stunning.  Really stunning.  For a set of throne chairs that were unceremoniously ditched at my house, they are a real triumph.

Now, later in the evening, it was off to running group party, which is the best party of the year.  It is great food and my favorite conversations: running, swimming and books.  I edged in a spot next to the table and discussed between bites of food.  I was loathe to leave, but had to self medicate at home.

At home, I Tylenol Cold and Sinused myself into something of a decent night's sleep and today, I think the worst may be over.

No comments: