Monday, August 10, 2009

Total Body Sculpt with Gilad




Ok, so the other FitTV show that I try hard to fit in most days is Total Body Sculpt with Gilad.  Now, Gilad seems maybe a bit lecherous and more than slightly cheesy, BUT he is not joking around with your abs.  His ab routines are quick and hard.  I often have sore abs the next day, but I completely credit Gilad with my post baby ability to wear a bikini.  The Total Body Sculpt workout is about 25 minutes long, and is called a circuit workout, though I don't really think that it is a true circuit workout.  The beginning warmup segment can be skipped most of the time.  The important stuff is the main set, which is usually lunges, free weights, and/or plyometrics.  When Gilad says Plyometrics, I get a little nervous.  I am in pretty good shape, and when Gilad says plyometrics, I always wonder if I will be able to make it.  
Gilad devotes about five or ten minutes to abs, and they are the hardest ten minutes of my day. 
Gilad does make goofy comments, and he is from Israel, so his accent makes him kind of an Arnold Swartzneggar  throwback.  However, my appreciation for my abs and arms outweigh any irritation I have for Gilad as a person.  Also, his bio is quite impressive.  He knows his stuff.
Immediately after I gave birth to my son, I started David Kirsch's Ultimate New York Body Workout  This was an amazing workout, and I also bought the companion book which is full of great recipes.  The David Kirsch program was great and I loved the videos, but it was a 45 minute workout, at least.  When I was able to run again and swim again, there just wasn't time for David Kirsch.  Gilad has taken over David's spot really nicely, and I am a thrilled with the results.  I also think that beefing up a bit with free weights has helped my swimming.  

No comments: