Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chariot CSL 15th anniversary: The Workout Remains Intact






So, today's workout started early, as it has every morning since Ivan was old enough to get in the jog stroller. Three to four miles with Ivan in the Chariot. The Chariot CSL is probably the most used piece of baby equipment that I own, and was one of the greatest gifts I have received. My husband did all the research on it, and decided on the CSL 15th anniversary edition, because it weighed 16 pounds, the lightest of all the jog strollers. Also, you can convert it to a regular stroller to take to say, the zoo, or a bike trailer. It navigates effortlessly, and came with a bassinet conversion system, as well as a 3 month to one year conversion system. The wheels snap in and out easily to become the strolling or jogging stroller, it has great brakes, and an adjustable sunshade, adjustable wind guard and mesh cover. There is a large pouch on the back, where I can put the mail when I run home and pass the mailbox, and there is a small pouch within the large pouch where I can easily secure my iphone when I am running and listening to Twilight on audio.
Also, there are inside pouches where I can stuff a bottle and a couple of toys for Ivan to grab at his leisure. It is incredibly reflective if I go running in the early evening, and has a leash to wear around my wrist so that the stroller cannot get away from me when I am running downhill.
While the stroller is compact, it is large enough on the interior for me to bundle Ivan up into all sorts of blankets and snuggle suits when it is freezing outside. It has allowed me to start up a really good routine like today, when I got up, got Ivan his bottle, out the door for four miles with the stroller and then back in for Gilad and Yoga.

No comments: