Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Workout: Run, Swim, Rest

Out the door to run this morning with the jog stroller and still having a love affair with Shewolf. I had my favorite smoothie and some green tea for breakfast:
Recipe for my Favorite Breakfast Smoothie:
  • 1 banana
  • two spoonfuls of greek yogurt
  • two spoonfuls of ground flax seed
  • cup of blueberries
  • cup of soy milk
  • 2 spoonfuls of chocolate soy powder
  • 5 ice cubes

It is my favorite thing. So filling!!

Got to swim late and wasted time chatting about my Dazzle Toes before getting into the pool, so really only had about an hour to swim. I got in 3000 yards, but really should have swum harder and longer. Workout as follows:
  • 400 swim/ 200 drill/ 400 pull
  • 4 x 50 kick 1:00
  • 6 x 50 swim 0:50
  • 100 kick 2:10
  • 4 x 100 swim descend @ 1:40
  • 4 x 50 kick 1:00
  • 6 x 50 swim 0:50
  • 100 kick 2:10
  • 2 x 100 swim descend @ 1:40

Got Ivan from the nursery and hit Endurance Sports on the way home. They were having a sale, and I got a couple of pairs of shorts and a shirt to take to Hood to Coast. Home and wimped out on Gilad and Yoga.
Picked up a salmon salad sandwich for dinner and a cup of chamomile tea and burrowed in to watch my all time favorite reality show, Jockey's. Tonight was the series premier and Mike Smith, my favorite of all the jockey's, is back!!!!
Morning run tomorrow at 6:30.

No comments: