Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday: The Cold Will Not Win


Now, some people, when they have a sickness, give in to the sickness and allow their bodies to heal. I, foolishly, like to see if my body can run a little harder with a fever; swim a little faster when I have no open nasal passages. It is part of my overall exercise sickness; I acknowledge it. I have been acknowledging it since I was 16 and telling myself that it is the first step to recovery. So far, at the age of 33, I am still stuck in step one.
I woke up this morning for a full day:

  • 7:00 AM lake swim,
  • 9:30 AM birthday breakfast
  • 12:00 PM run
  • 3:00 PM baby shower
I also woke up with a serious head cold, but I could not part with my lake swim. It was such a nice cool morning, that I had to go. In turn, I rationalized that the water would clear my sinuses. This is actually both ridiculous in theory and proven incorrect by approximately 7:10 AM when my nasal passages were a swampland of misfortune. Anyway, I swam 2.5 miles like a champ and scrubbed off in the Hamilton Creek Marina shower. Got dressed and traveled off to FIDO in Hillsboro Village to have breakfast.
Haven't eaten there in a while, and it is great!! I had a hangover bomb with soysage and some oatmeal with fresh fruit along with a decaf soy late'. So delicious, got home and ran, before getting ready and making my favorite party dip for the shower.

Recipe for My Favorite Party Dip
  • Two packages of store bought Guacamole
  • two cans navy beans
  • Bunch chopped fresh cilantro
  • sea salt
  • fresh cracked pepper
  1. dump store bought Guac and drained navy beans into food processor
  2. turn on food processor and put in dash sea salt and a good bit of pepper
  3. spoon into serving dish
  4. Top with chopped cilantro
  5. Serve with chips and such
Crazy Delicious!!! I mean it is really amazing.
Arrived home and made a date with a shot of Nyquil
Will the workout happen tomorrow? If is dubious, quite dubious.

No comments: