Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Double Swim Wednesday!!




Oh yes, so today is double swim Wednesday, and I it is my favorite thing. Ivan slept late due to some clearly cosmic alignment, and I got to have my green tea and scrambled eggs alone. Such luxury. I swallowed all my vitamins without choking, because I was trying to say "no!!!" and swallow at the same time.
Anyway, Ivan woke up and I skipped morning run, we shared some cereal and I packed him into the car. I should say that swimming is the easiest place to tote a baby. There is childcare for two solid hours at the gym, meaning that if I get there on time, I can swim for a solid 1.5 hours, and then take a long shower and dry my hair.
In the early weeks of Ivan's life, I would often leave him in the nursery, dive into the pool, swim about 400 yards and then see the nursery workers coming to get me, because Ivan was crying inconsolably. It was a most unfortunate situation, because when the nursery workers come to get you, you have to leave then; right then. No drying off, showering, nothing; you have to grab your towel and flip flops and do the walk of shame past all the treadmills in your bikini dripping wet. Everyone in the whole gym knows that your child has melted it down and you are going to have to drive home listening to a scream-fest in the back seat while the chlorine from the pool dries your skin into the skin of an 92 year old woman.
Anyway, we have moved on to better days and I dropped Ivan in nursery today, and he never looked back. I swam Dennis' morning workout which was as follows:
  • 200 swim/200 drill/ 200 pull/ 200 swim
  • 6 x 50 drill
  • 6 x 200 swim 4:00 (I did IM, because I like to work on my butterfly)
  • 4 x 50 swim 1:00
  • 500 pull
I only did 3000, as I was coming back for evening swim

Headed home and worked on a fundraiser that my office is throwing. Ivan broke two picture frames and bumped his head. He went down for a nap. I did my Gilad workout, and returned emails about said fundraiser.
Then traded off the baby with my husband and headed for evening swim. Which played out as follows:
  • 6 x 200 swim 4:00
  • 10 x 100 swim 1:45
  • 14 x 50 swim 1:00
  • 500 pull (no paddles, which I hate, b/c I LOVE paddles)
Great Workout!!

Came home and had a Grab the Gold bar and a cup of white tea. Great Night!!!

No comments: