Saturday, August 15, 2009

Running the 11.2 at 6AM:








I used to have this poster on my wall in college that said something to the effect of "I used the think that people that got up early to run before work were crazy and now here I am getting out at 5 in the morning to train for a marathon and its snowing."  Now it is August, and it is obviously not snowing, but I thought about my old poster this morning as I dragged my self out of bed at 5:15 AM after getting in bed a bit later than intended to run the park.  The snooze button got hit more that once before I staggered out of bed.  Most of our Hood to Coast team showed up to run this morning.  Sean, Allan, Robbie, Wood, Chris, Edith, Rowanne, Riney, me and the other Betsy.  
We had a Hood to Coast crisis this week when Dru had to be replaced due to a stress fracture somewhere around her knee.  The other Betsy is her replacement, and she seems quite nice. 
Anyway, we started the 11.2 at 6ish, and I am running strong on flats and downs, but Robbie informed me that I am currently a disaster uphill.  He described it as a monkey jumping on my back as soon as I started uphill.  Anyway, it was a good hard 11.2, and I was home by  8:15 AMish to hand off the baby from Elliott.  I took a nap while the baby napped.  Elliott got home and we packed up and went to Martin's bar-b-q;  twas crazy delicious.  We shared a turkey bar-b-q redneck taco.  
Came home and did Gilad and Yoga.  Am currently watching All Fired Up, because I love a good cheerleading movie.
Pics are from an Xterra tri a couple of years ago.  Picture of Elliott up top.  Bottom pic is me running the Franklin Classic when I was about three months pregnant.

No comments: