Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14th: The Workout!!


So this morning, I ran three miles with the jog stroller, made a quick smoothie and jumped into the car to go to swim.  I made it to swim on time, got Ivan into the nursery, and stood on deck with Jaimie and Lee while we waited for our coach to arrive.  Dennis never came, and we are not allowed to get into the lap lane end of the pool without our coach.  We were finally able to get three lanes and share.  Interesting info: Morning swim class pretty much refuses to share lanes.  Triathlon swim class sometimes has up to 7 or 8 people in a lane.  
So, we had to share today.  I shared with Lee, who is a great swimmer and thoroughly enjoyable person.  He is in the above picture in the center.  I am on the far right.  
We got in late, so did not get to get through the whole 4100 yard workout.  Here is what I got through: 
  • warmup: 300 swim/ 200 drill/ 5 x 100 build @ 2:00
  • 4 x 50 free drill @ 1:00
  • 3 x 300 pull @ 5:00
  • 4 x 50 kick @ 1:00
  • 5 x 200 swim odd free @ 3:00 Even IM @ 3:30
3300 meters in all.

No Yoga. No Gilad.  I just didn't feel like it.  Work starts up next week for me, so the workout will become harder to maintain.  

No comments: