Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday Workout: Westside at 6:30


Why does getting out of bed at 6:00 AM seem exponentially better than getting up at 5:30 AM? Tell me I have to get up at any time before 6:00 AM, and I feel as if you may have asked me to go without sleep for a week. I am serious, 5:55 AM is soooo much earlier than 6:00 AM. Tell me to get up at 6:00 AM, and I feel as grateful as if you had told me I could sleep 'till noon. Why is that?
Not sure. Anyway, I am always thrilled when Wood Caldwell determines out running times, as he is a dedicated supporter of my after 6:00 AM philosophy. He suggested that we run the Westside route at 6:30 AM. I awoke fully rested and feeling fast. Westside is a run that involves heading out to Westside Athletic Club and then entering the park and running the back to entrance of the park where we started. I joined up with Tish and Tammy as we entered the park and added on a bit, for what was hopefully a 10 mile run.
Came home, and despite the unfortunate inklings of a coming cold, I did a Gilad workout and Namaste Yoga, before realizing that I definitely had a serious head cold. Finished up a bit of knitting before taking myself to bed.

No comments: