Monday, August 10, 2009

Namaste Yoga




I know it sort of sounds like I structure my life around working out, and that is more than likely right.  Since the birth of my son, however, I have had to schedule my life around the nap schedule of my son.  
Incidentally, discussing your child's nap schedule is one of the top seven least attractive conversational topics in America.  It was a yahoo statistic report, I don't remember the other topics; just the napping. When you are in the midst of it, you can almost not talk about anything else, so I had to make a concerted effort to discuss something interesting.  Is anything as interesting as a good nap?  
Ok, so I will never mention the napping again.  Anyway, when I get a bit of free time in the house, I try to fit in yoga and weight lifting.  They were my New Year's resolutions.  I cannot leave the house, without taking the baby along, so I am completely dependent on FitTV
Everyday, they have a great Yoga program designed by Kate Potter.  It is about 25 minutes long and involves a warm up, a main set, and a warm down that is a great series of running stretches. I truly look forward to doing it four or five times a week.  If you are lucky enough to have the DirectTV and the DVR, try a couple of segments of this show.  
Also, the yoga is performed on a green screen so that the backgrounds change all the time.  They have some beautiful views of scenery and city landscapes.  I think you will love it.  

No comments: