Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday: Swim

So today, without potty training drama, I would have been early to the pool.  With potty training drama, I was 10 minutes late to the pool deck.  Potty training was more successful today, but it was quite tedious and made for a long day where not as much as I hoped was accomplished, though I did clean out two kitchen drawers and move a bit of furniture in preparation for the new addition.  The new addition is coming and I cannot deny it, and there are things that must be made ready.

At swim, I got in about 2600 meters.  My 100 meter interval is at around two minutes currently, though I noticed I swam significantly faster than on Monday.  This is most likely because I took Tuesday off.  When I am in my confinement, I always see a significant jump in my speed after I take a day off, and if I take a week off, I see a massive decline in my speed that does not recover.  Not that this matters in my confinement, but there is always a little bit of a frustration that I have to remind myself to "just let go of" when I don't make my usual interval.

Yesterday was so dull/ demoralizing with no workout and all sorts of sadness at nursery school and home that it was really more than I could handle to blog about.  Today has been an improvement, but just so much battling of the wills and butting of the heads that the victories were hardly rewarding.  In the evening, I attended a parenting class where vigilance was stressed, and it made me think that these last two days have probably not been the worst parenting experiences that I will encounter.  Bleh!!

No comments: