Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday: Swim

You know, I talked to my friend Robin on the phone today, and I was telling her that I could not seem to get to the pool deck on time or get the house together and that I am falling asleep sitting up and today I took a nap like nobody's business.  She said that I am at the end of my confinement and should probably cut myself a bit of slack and get over it, which is a good point.

Also, there was a bit of testiness involved with my child.  There was some refusal to sit on the potty combined with some reluctance to get in the car, get dressed, ect ect ect.  And if I was the type of person who had my family rolling at 5:30 AM, I might could get places on time.  But, this morning was a 7:30 AM kind of morning, as I had a late night writing thank you notes and such.  So far, I have been on time to the first two days of nursery school and for that I would like a gold star or some sort of cash reward.

Anyway, Steven, our swim coach, had been to a coaching clinic last week, which is a bit scary as he comes back and expects us to work and hit it pretty hard.  My flip turns currently look like some sort of underwater dog paddle combined with a cartwheel, and it is just pretty silly.  My butterfly is worse than usual and my backstroke just looks like a cry for help in a riptide.  SO, when I saw that the schedule was a whole bunch of IM today, I knew that I was in for an ego-crushing.

Workout at follows:

  • 400 warmup
  • 4 x 100 IM
  • 300 swim
  • 3 x 100 IM
  • 200 swim
  • 2 x 100 IM
  • 100 swim
  • 100 IM
  • 500 swim
  • 2 x 100 IM
  • 400 swim
  • 3 x 100 IM
  • Then we did some social kicking
I ran a couple of errands on the way home, and then Ivan and I got in our respective beds and crashed out.  It is all I have to report.  Work tomorrow and hitting the Maryland Farms YMCA.  My monthlong membership is almost at an end.  

No comments: