Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday: Run and Yoga

Ivan's New Haircut!!

Ivan's Pic of Me
So since this has been the week that Ivan started nursery school, I have sort of devoted my Tuesday and Thursday to me.  I do not really think I will have this luxury next week, as I will be working at least one of the days that Ivan is in nursery school.  Anyway, today, I dropped Ivan off at school and headed to the YMCA, which was GREAT!! I ran on the treadmill and made it two miles before being overcome with bathrooming needs, then was able to come back and get in one more mile.  It felt good, but was so slow.  I thought I would have way too much time before yoga class started, BUT due to the slowness of my pace, I only had a couple of minutes to stop sweating before entering yoga class.

I don't know if you have ever seen the SNL skit where Tom Hanks is the sweaty person in the yoga class, but that was me today.  Everyone else was fresh as a daisy, and I was all sweaty and short shorts and probably more rotund than any of the senior citizens were expecting in their yoga class.  For that is what I learned today.  Most of the people in the 11:15 AM yoga class are senior citizens and the class was sort of geared towards them.  No big thing, but we never even did downward dog.  I usually spend yoga classes downward dogging my life away, but not today.  We did lots of stretching, and I did learn an alternate resting pose that accommodates my stomach.  Confession, however, the newly learned alternate resting pose felt, and when I checked the mirror behind me, LOOKED a bit dirty and obscene and was a tangible reminder not to wear my short shorts to senior citizens yoga.  Lesson learned the hard way; not the first time.  

After yoga, I showered and sprinted off to the doctor's office and then to pick up Ivan from pre-school where he was placidly napping.  I was smart today and took my book in to pick him up. I was able to read until he finished napping, and it was really lovely.  I am reading Undaunted Courage and Merriweather Lewis (who has a deep melancholy streak that worries me) has just been made attache to President Jefferson, and his writing is improving due to the influence, which is good news as he was a terrible spelled initially and his very rambly.

Spending the evening parked on the couch for Project Runway!!

No comments: