Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday: Swim

So today, Ivan slept late and had pancakes for breakfast and we were late for swim.  SUPER LATE.  I got in the pool at 9:40ish and practice ended at 10:00 AM.  Pretty pathetic, but not a big thing.  I just moved down to the public lanes, and I only swam about 2000 meters, but not a big deal.  At home, Ivan and I cleaned, took naps and busied ourselves with learning to write our name.

It was pretty anti-climatic.  I did get in a nap, which is becoming a staple of my confinement.  I can generally count on falling apart long about after lunch time.  I mean, honestly, walking around in a catatonic  state that I would associate with zombies, unable to finish sentences or remember words.  It is just the silliest.  How is that Dugger woman surviving all her pregnancies?  I am becoming more simple minded by the day.

Anyway, tomorrow, Ivan has big brother class at Baptist Hospital.  He will be learning to diaper and bathe his Curious George doll and be responsible.  Someone probably should have forced me into some such class before the arrival of Ivan.  I will have to admit feeling completely shell shocked, and thinking to myself that I probably should have taken a class and maybe talked to someone about the whole birth process that I thought was going to take about 15 minutes and which actually took more like 15 hours.

Aaaaah birthing!!

No comments: