Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday: Run and Swim

Ivan's first hair wash since his double ear infection!!
So today was Ivan's first day of preschool, my first day of Bible study and I had a chance to get to the YMCA for a swim and run.  I only have a couple of more weeks of my YMCA membership, and I am determined to get every bit of use out of it.  If I play my cards right, I can get to the YMCA for yoga and a run or some such on Thursday before my doctor's appointment.  I am certain that I will play my cards right.

Now, after Thursday, I am committed to buckling down and getting ready for the end of my confinement and the arrival of a new member of our family.  I have a shower curtain situation to remedy and a bit of furniture to shuffle about.  Also, a few things to acquire and a big brother class to attend at Baptist Hospital with Ivan.  It seems that some of us are not excited about the impending arrival and some of us may need a bit of encouragement to embrace the inevitable.

Now, nursery school apparently went well but for some rather serious potty training missteps, that may or may not ever be remedied. There were several successes, BUT a couple of major mishaps that made me think this boat may not be turning around. At this point, I feel that I am prepared for the worst and I wonder if my child could turn his refusal to potty train into a reversal of fortune.  For instance, if he makes it into the Guiness Book World of Records for the longest refusal of a capable person to potty train, will that pay for college?  Is there any sort of scholarship for that?  Is a scholarship for that something to take pride in?

At Bible study we are going to study the Gospel of Mark, and I am pretty excited.  Our Bible study is very academic, and my only concern is that we have a new director, not a new teacher, but a new director, and she is a singer of songs who likes to kick everything off with some music.  This really gets in the way of the nerd-fest that is my life.  I enjoyed our classroom situation last year, where we walked in with our reading prepared and got right to it; Just taking notes like it was the last class before final exams. That aside, it was a great study.

Now, at the YMCA, I hopped on the treadmill and here is how my run went:

  • go the the bathroom before I get on the treadmill
  • begin to run
  • run one mile before my bladder is at full capacity
  • hop off the treadmill and sprint to bathroom
  • get back on the treadmill
  • run one more mile
  • become overwhelmed by seemingly walnut sized bladder
  • run back to bathroom
  • run one more mile on the treadmill 
  • GIVE UP
After this, I headed to the pool where you can pee freely and continue working out.  I just swam 1000 meters before showering and picking up Ivan from nursery school.  

It was really a pretty great day!!

No comments: