Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday: Run and Swim

This morning, true to my last night's resolution, I was out of bed at 6:30ish AM.  I was really up at 5:45 to use the bathroom, but then laid around in bed sleeplessly until I gave up and got up.  It was nice. I made an oatmeal bake for breakfast, I listed a couple of things on Ebay, and talked to my sister about how much we love Kimberly Snyder and her Glowing Green Smoothie.  I then sat down to my needlepoint until Ivan roused himself, and then waited on my husband until he woke up.  Then I headed to the gym.

At the gym, I pursued my current course of:

  • run one mile
  • hustle to bathroom
  • run next mile
  • hustle to bathroom
  • run final mile
  • hustle to bathroom 
  • head to pool
In the pool, I just swam a mile of 400s.  400 swim, 400 kick, 400 IM, 400 pull.  It was a fine workout, and I came home to a salad, some toast, and a piece of goat cheese.

Oooh, and in a note of tomfoolery not aforementioned, when I arrived at the pool on Monday, Carl the Lifeguard called me over with a smirk on his face and told me to wait a second, he had someone that wanted to ask me something.  Now, when said "someone" was summoned over by Carl and asked her question, THIS IS WHAT IT WAS: "Have you heard that the chlorine in the water causes birth defects?"

Yes, that was really her question.  And I will tell you right now, that those are the types of questions that make me wish I had jigger of hard liquor and a cigarette to light up;  Maybe a little cocaine to freebase.  What in the world?? This nasty person, whose name I never bothered to ask, was standing there in the saddest one piece, and there I am, all round like a planet, wearing a silly red bikini with a hot dog on front.  Carl was curled up in the fetal position in his lifeguard chair, leaving the water aerobics women completely unattended, laughing like a hyena, while I stood there with my mouth hanging open.  
I finally found the wherewithal to reply that this was actually a salt water pool and no, no, a thousand times no, I had never really heard anything about the dangers of chlorine. 

Anyway, it did not ruin my day, and I had a nice time recounting the episode to my swim group, and we all had a good laugh about it.  Whatevs.

Sunday School tomorrow!!

No comments: