Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday: Swim and Back to the Doctor

So this morning, we Sloans were up early.  I am not sure why we were up early or why it was necessary.  There was a little too much reading yesterday evening, Cornelius Vanderbilt (The First Tycoon) just put his son, Corneil, into an asylum after disinviting him from the family trip Europe on the custom made steamship, and having him imprisoned for borrowing money based on his father's name.  Also, I am afraid the American government is not going to give Cornelius the mail contract for San Francisco.  It is evident that he is the best man for the job, BUT I feel the government distrusts him.  Aaahhh Cornelius, I am worried for you, but I I know it is going to work out for you in the end.

Anyway, we were to swim on time, but still a little late to the swim deck as there were some potty training issues.  While Ivan did successfully use the potty at the gym before I dropped him off and we had a successful car trip, things apparently devolved when I left the scene.  It is always terrible to see the nursery workers charging across the pool deck to tell me of some trauma going down in the nursery.  Anyway, when Cameron charged down the pool deck today, she only wanted to let me know that Ivan had gone through all his clothes and Thomas the Train underwear, and was now happily playing in diaper and red sandals.  This was fine with me, though it thwarted our trip to the new Whole Foods.  I am always a little sensitive as being perceived to have a redneck baby with his diaper showing itself all over town.  When Ivan is wearing little shoes and a diaper, he looks sort of tough, like a street kid that won't be bothered with no indoor plumbing.

AND ANYWAY, after swim, I ended up taking Ivan back to the doctor in his diaper and sandals for a closer look at his impetigo progress and his swollen lymph nodes.  We were there forever, and it was decided that if the lymph nodes were not un-swollen by Sunday, there would have to be a heavier round of antibiotics or the impetigo might come back.  Bless it!!  How often will I see these doctors.  I have talked to one or another of them every other day for the last two weeks.

At swim, I got in about 2500 meters and meant to get a Gilad workout at home, but my day was all shot to pieces by the visit to the doctor's office.  Hopefully it will happen tomorrow.

Bleh

No comments: