Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday: Day Off, Run, Swim, Impetigo, and Computer Crash

So yesterday was my day off inadvertently, because Ivan had to be toted off to the doctor at 8:30 AM, because he had what appeared to me to be leprosy behind one of his ears.  He had scabs that were the thickness of a quarter that were crusty and scary and gross.  It sent us into a frenzy of hand washing and antibacterial scrubbing.  While the scabbiness did not seem to be making Ivan sick, it was definitely terrible looking. It was not the kind of thing that you could let go without taking to the doctor.  So, at the doctor I was with my teeth unbrushed and a headband to hold back my gross morning wispy hairs.

You know that when I walked into the doctor's office with perky little Ivan who incidentally had two rancid scabs that involved hair loss on his head, everyone was terrified.  Dr's offices are filthy enough without throwing contagious skin looking lesions into the mix.  Anyway, his doctor was 95% sure that the spots were impetigo, AND she said to call her back if Ivan's head became covered in lesions and his hair started falling out in clumps.  MMmmmmm, really? You know, if that happens, I will be beating down your door with a sledgehammer, I will not be calling you back if my child's head is covered with lesions and his hair is falling out.

So after that, I went to the drugstore, picked up meds, picked up treats at the grocery, washed every bed linen in the house.  It took Ivan 30 full minutes to take 1.5 teaspoons of amoxicillan.

In the afternoon, I made dinner for someone in my Bible study recovering from surgery and then got ready at warp speed for a birthday party from which I arrived home too late to blog.  THEN, even if I had wanted to blog, my computer crashed.  CRASHED.  SO, I am now without a computer, but most things were saved, and I have a borrowed laptop, so I will survive.

Today was a whole new day, while Ivan could not go to swim nursery, I made good use of my time.    I ran before breakfast, then cleaned all kinds of odd places in the house and continued my bed linen washing rampage, I made beet pancakes for Ivan, and cut up a watermelon.  I taught Ivan how to dead head the rose bushes and water the other flowers. In the afternoon, I finally gratefully headed out to work.  I was able to hit evening swim!!  3200 meters!!

Swim was great.  I rarely get to go to Wednesday night swim, as I can't usually get there in time if I am working.  Wednesday night swim is always really crowded.  Last night there were seven people in my lane, and we sort of fought for position all night.  Workout as follows:

  • 100 warmup
  • 4 x 150 (Kick/drill/swim)
  • 8 x 50 (odds fast/evens slow)
  • 300 pull
  • 200 pull
  • 100 pull
  • 100 easy pull
  • 4 x 50 (first 25 fast/ last 25 even)
  • 8 x 50 (odds fast/evens slow)
  • 300 pull
  • 200 pull
  • 100 pull
  • 100 easy pull
  • 4 x 50 (first 25 fast/ last 25 even)
Yogurt World was closed on the way home, so I came home and ate some watermelon and a pushup pop.  

No comments: