Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday: Run and Yoga

Now yesterday, I reported that I really had nothing to report.  This was so untrue.  Two deeply emotional occurrences have happened since Sunday afternoon, and I have been remiss in not reporting them.

FOR ONE, my sister broke the news to me that Yogurt World has closed forever.  Now, I have not been a frequenter of Yogurt World for some months, but I was about to get back in the swing.  I was at a consistent two times a week there for a while.  My absence could, in fact, be the cause of their demise.  Anyway, the only other self-serve yogurt purveyor is farther away from my house.  It concerns and saddens me.

TWO, Ivan has sort of decided to potty train.  Now, I am not saying that we are home free.  I am just saying that someone is wearing his Thomas the Train underwear and using the potty approximately 5-6 times a day.  I will say that it is sort of funny the aspects of potty training that you do not expect to have to explain to someone, but actually need to be explained.  For instance, if you are wearing underwear, you must pull them down to use the potty.  A few times, Ivan made it to the potty and just sat down in his underwear and proceeded with bathrooming.  We had to talk about all the steps that you take before actually seating yourself, and I will admit that I had no choice but to clean up some most unfortunate messes.  However, even while cleaning terrible terrible things off the bathroom floor, there was joy in my heart, because for every attempt, I feel that we are one step closer to the end of diapers.  There may be a time in the future when someone just gets up and goes to the bathroom and there is no bother about it.  If Ivan uses the potty consistently for a week, we are going to get him a bike with pedals and no training wheels.  THRILLING!!!!


In other news, I dropped Ivan at nursery school, came back home, sprinted three miles and then hurled myself into the shower to get ready for Ivan's nursery school performance which lasted all of 3 minutes.  Now, to my horror, after the show, we were supposed to sit and watch all the other children up to pre-kindergarten graduation.  Hard times.  I gave in to full on selfishness, and pulled Ivan and we all went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch.  I enjoyed my Chic-Fil-A Arnold Palmer (tea/lemonade) much more than kindergarten graduation.

At home, Ivan had a nap, we had left overs for dinner and I got in a much needed yoga practice.  Every time I take the time to do yoga, I have to reprimand myself for not doing it more often.  It is so wonderful, it is energizing, and I love it.  I am sort of determined to somehow obligate myself to a yoga class in the future. Of course, I feel like pilates and pure barre and hot yoga are also things things that I am greatly desirous to accomplish.

Swim tomorrow!!

No comments: