Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday: Run and Yoga!!!

So today, I felt like I darted about on a rampage, but then I feel like that is beginning to be the story of my life.  I was pretty organized too.  I packed Ivan's nursery school lunch last night; I prepared my breakfast last night.

So, Ivan headed off the nursery school, and I sprinted down to the hospital to visit with my cousin and her newborn son.  He as a doll and the visit was a lovely reminiscence of birthing stories, and I say that sarcastically.  Does anyone have a really great birthing story?  Does anyone roam into a delivery situation and just love it.  I really do not have one good thing to say about my own except that I am now mother to a lovely child.  The rest of it was just misery and pain and a veil of tears and the sad sad knowledge that if I had had to give birth in a covered wagon, I would have surely died.  I am no pioneer.

Anyway, from the hospital, I flew to the gym and ran a quick three miles on the treadmill in front of a news channel covering the news of Usama Bin Laden. from there I flew to pick up teacher appreciation gifts and then home for a lightning quick shower before heading to pick up Ivan at school.

At home, Ivan got to watch his Sesame Street episode while I cleaned the house, and then for a special treat we made brownies together and NOT JUST ANY BROWNIES.  I made Deceptively Delicious brownies that involved one-half cup of spinach puree and one-half cup of carrot puree.  Now, I know that they may sound a bit dubious, BUT they were amazing and I feel like Ivan got a couple if vegetable servings and all is well with the world.

Tonight, I am watching Tony Takitani, a Japanese film about loneliness and shopping addiction.  Will I make it through??

1 comment:

scott said...

probably, with the help of those special brownies!