Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday: Swim

May I just tell you that I have been under a deluge?  My work schedule tripled to accommodate for my upcoming trip out of town, final preparations for my trip are piling up and, I was literally writing reports until 11:00 PM for the last three nights.  I am running on low sleep and deep deep irritability.  I just read a facebook post from a great girl who was in my triathlon swim class, and she just ran a 23 minute 5k at 5.5 months pregnant.  She really is the greatest, but it gnaws at my soul.  I would be lucky to hit a 27 minute 5k right now.

Anyway, on Friday, I had a pretty good swim, before heading to work and then staying up until all hours to finish my report.

On Saturday, I worked from 10 until 2:30, I came home and ran 5 miles, then parked myself at the computer and wrote reports all night.

I worked on reports all day on Sunday, then went for a run and a swim, then went shopping for the most comfortable possible shoes to take to Spain, then ate too much pizza for dinner. Also, potty training went so poorly and my husband and I stepped in so many urine puddles that we were alternately slipping and shrieking Ivan's name at the top of our lungs.  It was emotionally trying to say the least.

Today, there was continued potty training drama, as there is nothing like standing in the checkout line at the grocery and noticing that you child is standing (seemingly quite contented) in a puddle that is quickly beginning to run across the apparently slightly slanted floor.

I had a great swim this morning, got in 2500 meters, and had an amazing watercress, avocado and bacon salad for lunch.

I again wrote reports this evening and am heading to work tomorrow for my final session of the week.

Will I survive???

1 comment:

scott said...

Ms Sloan,
Males are hard wired to pee sportingly! Remain calm. You shall survive.