Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday: Swim and Gilad

So today, I arrived at swim on time and got in 3000 meters and even got out of the pool a bit early. However, there was no reason for this not to be the case, because I have been awake since 5:00AM.  While I accomplished more today than I did all weekend, I am exhausted and feel ill-used by the world.

I am not sure what happened this morning, but at some point around 4:45ish, my husband placed Ivan in bed with us, and my husband went promptly back to sleep.  Ivan proceeded to talk to me, pat me and crawl around and ask me inane questions until I gave up and dragged us both out of bed.  I turned on Sesame Street and blearily worked a crossword puzzle until I had my tea and made some breakfast snacks.

We of course got to swim on time because I literally had HOURS to get ready and load us promptly into the car.  It was pouring rain, so traffic was terrible and we still arrived at swim on time.  It was nice, except that I was bitterly tired and puffy of eyes.  Workout as follows:


  • 600 swim
  • 200 IM
  • 6 x 50 descend @ 1:00
  • 8 x 25 breakout @:30
  • 6 x 100 free @ 1:45
  • 8 x 50 build @ 1:00
  • 6 x 100 pull
  • 100 kick

At home, I pureed vegetables, herded a beside himself tired Ivan in to the bed for a nap and then headed out to work.  Am collapsing into bed before 9:00 PM.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for a great night's sleep!

No comments: