Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday: Run and Yoga

This morning, my alarm went off to thunder and lightning, and I was actually excited to just turn off the alarm and roll over.  Once out of bed, it rained for 2.5 more hours before I was able to get out and run about the neighborhood.  The going was slow and muggy, but pleasant.   I drank my glowing green smoothie and had some oatmeal before my run and then scurried back into the house to prep Ivan and I for a pool party.

Lately, it is most unpleasant to tote my child about to any gathering by myself.  If not afore-noticed, he is a handful.  There was an accident, some running away, some incidents of not sharing and a final drama of being manhandled to the car which was most unpleasant.

At home, I gleefully put Ivan down for a nap which was short lived as he was quickly woken by more thunder.   It is always a great misfortune when someone does not get their full nap, because you can count on an afternoon of multiple meltdowns.  This was the case, but things did not get really bad until later at dinner.

In the afternoon, Ivan helped me chop up glowing green smoothie ingredients, and helped me pit cherries for my cherry limeades.  It was pleasant, until we hit Riff Burger for dinner and someone had multiple dramas as we ate outdoors.  The pleasant part, is that while I was holding our table and the rest of our party was ordering, I was able to read everything Wikipedia had to offer about George Soros.  I have been sort of fascinated by him ever since he was mentioned in Mountains Beyond Mountains as trying to eradicate TB in the Russian prisons.  I have to admit, he is pretty impressive.   You never know when you will have a chance to research.

After a few public meltdowns at dinner, someone went to bed without his songs.  Ahh well, the earlier the better on a day like today.  Swim tomorrow!!

No comments: