Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday: Swim


So today, my regular pool was closed, and I was sort of at a loss about what to do.  I slept rather late and then made breakfast smoothies and piddled about until Ivan and I made a mutual decision to purchase a guest pass at a local gym that has superior child care facilities that include a bouncing area, a ball pit and computer options.  Ivan was pretty excited about it, and I was able to get in my swim.

I swam 2800 meters in my standard swim by myself format:

  • 400 swim
  • 400 pull
  • 400 IM by 100's
  • 400 swim
  • 400 kick
  • 400 swim
When I swim by myself, I always do the above things in sets of 400, I rarely watch my time and I just go.  It was sort of enjoyable today, and I was eventually joined in my lane by an odd little character in full scuba regalia who swam along in the lane with a giant snorkel, giant mask, and the largest flippers known to man.  It was strange.  

At home, I engaged in mundane household chores while Ivan took a nap, we went to a swimming lesson, and at home my first ever maternity bathing suit arrived from Pez d'Or which is both depressing and tasteful at the same time.  It is appropriate for poolside with my elders.  

In the evening, we had several potty training disasters as Ivan tried to exert his control over the situation. I am waiting desperately for his plastic training bloomers to arrive, so that when Ivan refuses to use the potty he can sit in the full effects of his emissions.  I. CANNOT. WAIT.  I will eventually win this potty training war, and sadly enough, at the age of 35, it seems to be about winning to me.  




No comments: