Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday: Double Swim, Run and General Potty Training Progress, and SILVER POLISHING

So Wednesday, I swam in the morning AND I swam in the evening.  I really enjoyed both swims and got in 5100 meters overall, which was pretty exciting.  Yesterday, Ivan's modus operandi was to be un-potty trained in public and completely potty trained at home, about which I have mixed emotions.  Peeing in a pubic place normally means that I do not have to clean it up, which is a plus.  There is always some kind janitorial person with gloves and a mop who irritably handles it, however you do end up in public holding the hand of a person who free pees (HOWEVER, let's all be glad it was pee.  It could be SO much worse).  Today, Ivan's modus operandi was to ignore the potty almost completely, until I left for work at which point he became an avid user of the potty.

Anyway, last night when I came home from swim the internet was down so there was no blogging for me.

Today, I had a long and difficult day, wherein I was late for work due to my own mis-scheduling, then work ran late, then it started raining and I had left my windows down, and I had to leave a session and slog out to the car to roll up my windows.  It was not my best work, and I guess we all have those days. I ran after I got home, and I still felt a little tense.

Anyway, to relieve the stress of a stressful day, I knew I could immerse myself in polishing silver.  It takes a special kind of dork to relieve stress by polishing silver, and just so you know, I am that dork. Our candle sticks are shining like the top of the Chrysler Building, the hot dish serving piece is gleaming and our egg nog bowl looks like royalty is en route.  I think that polishing the silver (sometimes I dip and sometimes I use Wright's or sometimes I do both) is reminiscent of something that the Bennet's would do hurriedly when the Bingley's were popping over from across the moor.  Would anyone care to come to tea?

No comments: