Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday: Bleak Friends. Thing are Bleak

SO, the LOW LOW point of my day was when Ivan urinated freely through his underwear onto the floor, then looked at me and said stonily, "Are we still potty-training?".  He said it like a grown man to a slightly less intelligent underling whom he realizes that he controls.  "Are we still potty training?", AKA, "Really mother, you still persist in this foolishness?", AKA, "You and I both know that I am running this show.", AKA "I am the king of this castle, and your attempts at domination will never succeed."  It almost, sort of, and I hate to say this about my own child, reminded me of Stewie from The Family Guy.  


It gave me a deep insecure feeling that maybe I am not in control.  Maybe Ivan and The Beast are really in cahoots, and I am running myself ragged and sleepless while being toyed with by a maniacal genius.  This is what potty training is doing to me.  I have a graduate degree and wrote a very difficult thesis in Child Psychology and none of it prepared me for this.  NONE OF IT.

Today, we did not have even one successful potty training incident.  I did get in a nice run, and I made a probiotic and enzyme salad to ferment in its own juices for 5 days before I am able to eat it.  The house is reasonably clean, and I made a new batch of Glowing Green Smoothie.  I will say more about it when I have time, but Kimberly Snyder is altering my life.

No comments: