Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday: Run and Great Sleep

Last night I was in bed at 9:00, and slept soundly until my alarm went off at 5:45 AM.  I have to say that having slept poorly a few nights this week and having an emotionally grueling week of potty training, I was not completely well rested.  Even as I walked out the door with my oatmeal, I could foresee a nap in my future.  
I arrived at the park on time, and I have to realize that I am coming to a time in my confinement where I am so slow as to be a hinderance to my running group.  My lungs immediately compress when I am running uphill, and I am like a snail.  I have a pretty good go on the flats, but on a hill I am immediately several yards behind, and then have to be circled back and picked up by members of my running group who are kind enough to wait on me.  

In my last confinement, I think that my sciatic back pain was so extreme at this point that I was not running, and then when I could run again at around 8 months, I could only hop along for about a mile, so I was not really torturing my running group in this way.  I sort of assumed I would run the whole way, but may have to rethink.  

So, I ran nine miles and felt really good the whole way, but for my debilitating slowness.  At home, I drank my Glowing Green Smoothie and had a kale salad with some avacado and papaya.  It was crazy delicious.  I spent some quality time with my son who peed freely through his underwear, before congenially taking them off, throwing them in the laundry and getting new underwear. I read some more about Cornelius Vanderbilt, and then crawled into bed for the longest nap in the world.  I feel that I have never been so well rested.  I put on my peeper sleeper and earplugs, and the world ceased to exist.  

Had great dinner at the Capitol Grille in the evening and am home to spend more time reading Cornelius Vanderbilt.  

No comments: