Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday: RUN

So today is usually my day off, but I sort of wanted to run anyway, AND I DID.  It was rainy and I had two new songs on my shuffle (that I will not confess to you, lest you think I have TERRIBLE taste in music; AS FAR AS YOU KNOW IT WAS BOB DYLAN).  I ran about 6 miles and I really enjoyed it.  There was no wearing of watches and it rained the whole time I ran, but still.

At home, I did a massive amount of paperwork and sent it off to be read and proofed. I cleaned, laundered and performed various other tasks of housewifery before popping out to get sushi and eat it at my leisure.

Now, I find that my sushi disease is over-ordering and my take out tally was a Philadelphia roll, an Alaska roll, a seaweed salad and some edamame.  Though I was too full for the edamame, I always feel that if I am somewhere where they are making such a healthy treat that I can never make very well on my own, I should go ahead and grab some so that it can be my dinner-time snack.  This is exactly what it was, and I felt pretty good about it as a half cup of edamame has the following properties:

  • 120 calories
  • 5ish grams of fiber
  • 11 grams of protein
I mean, those are some great stats for a snack food.  I should really always get two orders.

In the afternoon, Sloan the Younger and I had a play-date of sorts and then hit the mall for a bit of throwing pennies in the fountain, a hot tea, and exactly 5 Whoppers which I bought individually at the candy store at the mall.  Buying individual Whoppers is the way to go for me, as I cannot control myself myself in the face of a whole box.  

Swim tomorrow!!


No comments: