Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday: Swim and We Joined the YMCA

I will just say that Ivan and I left the house for the first time since Monday today, and it felt like we had emerged from a tunnel.  We have both been sick and sleeping like cats, whiling away days without showers and eating at odd times.

So since my pool is closed for the month of August, we decided to join the Maryland farms YMCA in Brentwood, which is just a fabulous place for Ivan to play and for me to swim laps.  I am somewhat concerned about joining, as I think that Ivan will most likely be very disappointed when we return to the Indoor Swim Complex, as it is quite dull in comparison.  Today, there were slides and buckets and a playground and a graduated wave pool and all sorts of merriment that drove Ivan wild.  He was like a man on fire with glee.  The lifeguards called him out every few minutes, and he really just could not stop.  It was fun times, with me in the tail end of my confinement with a hot dog bikini and my child behaving as if he had shot from a cannon.  We looked quite the pair.

Anyway, after Ivan was finally retrieved by his father, I was able to join my swim class and in the course of an hour, I swam 2500 meters, about which I am quite proud.
Workout as follows:

  • 6 x 200 @ 4:30
  • 4 x 50 @ 1:15
  • 6 x 50 @ 1:15
  • 4 x 50 @ 1:15
  • 6 x 50 @ 1:15
  • 2 x 50 @ 1:15
  • 100 cool down
It was a great workout and I had a super shower afterwards.  I hit the fresh market for sushi and chocolate covered cherries on the way home!!  Getting in a good swim makes me feel human again!!


No comments: