Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday: Confinement Drama

Ooooh, Confinement drama.  I had this fabulous swim on Wednesday, only to get out of the pool and have all sorts of unfortunate confinement emissions make themselves known on the pool deck.  After a call to my doctor, a friend schlepped me and Ivan to the hospital, where I sat around with my parents hooked up to heart and contraction monitors.  There were many invasive things that happened, before I was carted off to ultrasound.  Post-ultrasound, I was discharged from the hospital, asked to keep an eye on myself, and said to call back if confronted with anymore confinement drama.

Now, I retrieved Ivan, packed him off to stay with my parents, and arrived home where I sat on the couch peacefully for ten full minutes before, OF COURSE, having more confinement drama.  I received a mandate from my doctor to head BACk to the hospital where I spent the night being monitored before being discharged again on Thursday morning with bed rest instructions.

I have sat about the house, watched a four hour documentary on Napoleon, needlepointed my life away, and visited with friends who were kind enough to bring some amazing food.  I made it through yesterday with a positive spirit, but today is the day that I realized that I was not a strong person.  Four days into bed rest (and really only partial bed rest, I can move back and forth between the bed and the couch and shower once a day), and I am at the breaking point.  My nerves are ready to snap, and I feel doomed to bedsores and misery.

Just so you know, Napoleon handled bed rest much worse than myself.  Back to the doctor tomorrow and hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Auntie and Uncle-y said...

thinking of you!!!