Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday: Not a Day Off

OH and today was a full day.  First of all, and I have been reluctant to mention it, but in a strange turn of events that I have been powerless to influence, Young Sloan has started using the potty just like he is a regular person with normal indoor plumbing proclivities.  Now, it is probably wildly foolish of me to even speak of such a thing out loud, as I might jinx myself.

We had a couple of days lapse when I was in the hospital last week, and this is largely because in my poolside drama, I snatched Ivan from the pool nursery and put a diaper OVER his underwear for the ride to the hospital.  His confusion can only be imagined, and I am sure he was suspicious of where this new level of potty training was leading him.  It took a while to make sure that we were resuming bathroom habits as usual, and now we seem to be back on track.  We made it through all of church without an accident today, and we went to both animal day, Sunday school and service, so we are on the up.

At church it was animal Sunday, and a woman at church brought a rabbit, a dog, a cockatoo, several turtles, chickens and her goldfish for all the children to see.  It was an impressive menagerie, Ivan was pretty excited, and then went to his Sunday school class without issue.

At home, I had a baby sitter so that I could sneak around the corner to the gym and walk on the treadmill and then swim a mile, monitor how I felt, and report to my doctor to determine if I could continue a modicum of activity.  Everything went well, except that I can really only walk 1200 meters before having to speed walk to the bathroom.  Then I speed walk back and keep walking, and I know I complained about it when running, but the walking just seems so silly to try to keep up that it may not be worth the effort.

Swimming was much better solely for the free pee element of a swim workout.  Though my mile was slow and sad, it put me in such good spirits.  I hope to swim all week.  Though I would like to keep walking in my neighborhood, as it is easier to drop and pee when it become necessary, the neighbors are judging me.  AND, I sort of get it.  I get that after the events of last week, everyone thinks I should be sitting on my couch, regardless of any doctor's release or permissions.  It appears self absorbed, and I really only have very little time left at this point.  So, I will keep sneaking to the gym around the corner, and no one will be the wiser.

Also, today Ivan and I were working on a craft and Ivan told me that I was his best friend.  Thilling!!!  I am sure that this will last all the way through puberty, adolescence, college, and his eventual marriage.

No comments: